Some pictures taken in Cervinia and Zermatt, on some of our preferred off-piste ski runs:
- UnterGletscher: a beautiful off-piste descent on glacier that can start from Plateau Rosa or Klein Matterhorn
- Schwarztor or Porta Nera: from Klein Matterhorn in about one hour you reach the start of this off-piste run on glacier among seracs
- Theodulgletscher and Furgggletscher: gentle slopes on the glaciers from Furggsattel chairlift
- Spazzatura: a off-piste just below the cables of Plateau Rosa cableway
- Teodulo: the couloir below Rifugio Teodulo,
To see maps of the various offpiste tracks around Cervinia (and also elsewhere on Northwest Alps) check the blog of Mauro Regis: Ultimate Freeride.
Please note: never ski alone off-piste, especially when the descent is on a glacier (crevasses). Also, according to Italian Laws, anyone skiing off-piste must carry shovel, probe and transceiver (pala, sonda, ARVA), otherwise Polizia and Carabinieri may fine you.
If you are appealed but are alone or do not feel safe, why don’t take a guide? Refer to Guide Office in Cervinia or ask Andrea Perron who is a mountain guide and also manager of Rifugio Teodulo.