Cervinia is quite small and everything is at walking distance. Here some basic information:
- the supermarket (CRAI) is in the brown building on the left after the church
- a gourmet shop is under the porch of the same building.
- bread and focaccia: the best place is Vulcano, follow the main street, pass the first roundabout, the bakery is in the first building on the right. We come here to get a very good focaccia called Livornese (olive oil only, no animal fat)
- pizza takeaway: we like the small spot on the left of the first roundabout on the road going up to the cableway and the shop of Titti on the main street where you may get a slice of different pizzas and farinata (a pancake of chickpea flour)
- sandwiches: in the main street near Titti you have The Black Hole a small cafe where the owner makes good hamburgers, hotdogs and different sandwiches
- pizzeria: we have tested and enjoyed both La Grotta (100 m. from the apartment) and Sottozero (on the main street turn right on the bridge, go on for 200 m.)
- restaurants: there are many, we have liked Al Solito Posto (on the main street turn right on the bridge and go on for 100 m.)
- bars: many locals come to Le Planet (100 m. from the apartment) for a good espresso or a spritz (white wine with soda and Campari or Aperol), a nice place where drink a tea and taste homemade patisserie is Samovar (at the end of the main street, on the right). The nicest, coolest place is the Gran Becca: they have a nice sunny terrace, wifi, excellent drinks and a wide list of gourmet dishes.
- pastries and cakes: few kilometers from Cervinia just before the tunnel you get on your left Antico Forno Flamini a nice patisserie run from a couple from Tuscany and the Netherlands. They have the best croissants in the area, together with a wide selection of homemade cookies, pastries and cakes. It’s also a place to splurge on large chunks of pizza: we love the one without cheese, just tomato sauce and Tuscan oliver oil!
You think about a dinner to try Valle d’Aosta specialties? Have a look at this post Dinner with Aosta Valley delicacies.